The Odd Couple Team has successfully sold hundreds of homes in St. Paul and the Twin Cities. We work with a wide variety of clients to prepare, market and sell their home quickly and for the best price possible.
The typical steps to successfully sell your home are:
- Secure an agent who is very familiar with your neighborhood. This is important because an agent who is connected in your area can network with other local realtors as well as better service the listing (like make sure the brochure box is always full!).
- Choose a goal listing date to work towards.
- Sign the listing paperwork.
- On the market! Your house is officially on the market (through MLS) and showings start. We solicit feedback from realtors who have been through your house and pass that information along to you.
- Analyzing offers. Once an offer is presented, the Odd Couple Team will carefully review the details with you and verify that the buyer is well qualified. We will advise you on how to respond to the offer and assess the risk involved. We always have your best interests in mind!
- Accepting an offer. Once an offer is accepted the Odd Couple Team will orchestrate a timeline between the lender, inspectors, appraisers and title companies to ensure that you close on time. Just prior to closing, the Odd Couple Team will verify that your HUD 1 statement is correct, that you are being charged the correct amounts on all fees and make sure your bottom line is what you expect it to be.
- Closing. Your Odd Couple Team agent will attend the closing with you to ensure you leave with proper transfer of title and your net proceeds.
- If you are making a simultaneous move, your Odd Couple Team agent will help you make a successful transition from one house to the next, closing on each of them the same day so you do not have to find alternative living arrangements. Learn more about buying a house here.
Some of the 200 Steps we perform to sell your home include:
- Prepare “Comparable Market Analysis” (CMA) to establish fair market value
- Research the previous sales activity (if any) on your home.
- Call agents, if needed, to discuss activity on the comparable properties they have listed in the area.
- Review current title information.
- Develop a neighborhood marketing campaign specific to your property.
- Perform interior décor assessment.
- Walk through your home room-by-room and generate a list of improvements including what to declutter, repair, clean, etc.
- Perform exterior “Curb Appeal Assessment” of your property and offer suggestions.
- Market your home on the following internet sites: Realtor.com, Craigslist.com, postlets.com, Google’s Home search and more (all that apply to your specific property).
- Personally call your immediate neighborhood and surrounding neighborhood to promote the benefits of your home.
- Have professional flyers distributed to surrounding areas.
- Cater a Broker Open House lunch for all agents in the surrounding area to preview your home for potential buyers.
- and much much more!